I am a registered architect and the proprietor of Hamish Price Architects with 12+ years professional experience in South Australia. Located in Westbourne Park, my practice is primarily focused on delivering design outcomes for residential new builds, extensions and heritage alterations. With services and fees always tailored to suit each project, I can be engaged for conceptual design advice through to highly considered full documentation and on-site contract administration.
Holding the belief that Architecture and the Built Environment does impact on the quality of our lives, I strongly believe in making a positive impact. Therefore a signature of the practice is to always provide contextually responsive design outcomes which are aligned with environmentally sustainable principles.
Key considerations such as building ‘footprint’ size; functional zoning; solar orientation; daylight; cross-ventilation; thermal performance; energy efficiency; building materials; and stormwater re-use always feature in project deliberations.
Practicing as an A+ Member of the Australian Institute of Architects, I am an active member of the profession. I regularly attend professional development courses and networking events to keep a abreast of the changes and innovation within the profession. I also contribute to the profession by mentoring students through the Australian Institute of Architects mentorship program and teach at University of Adelaide, School of Architecture and Built Environment.
- Registered Architect, SA (Reg. No.2965)
- Registered Architectural Practice, SA (Reg. No.E8618)
- A+ Member of the Australian Institute of Architects
- Bachelor of Architecture (First Class Honours) – The University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Design Studies – The University of Adelaide
- Graduate Certificate of Project Management – University of South Australia
Start Your Project with a Conversation
I always recommend booking an initial DESIGN EXCELLENCE CONSULTATION to introduce myself and have a conversation about your project. This conversation allows me to understand your goals and aspirations and provides the opportunity to explore how DESIGN EXCELLENCE can be incorporated into your project.
- Design advice
- Sustainability design and exploration of ideas
- An introduction to our services, design process and deliverables
- Establishment of the brief including priorities, opportunities and constraints
- Defining the budget
- Establishment of preferred built-form
- Style preferences
- Materiality and construct methodology